There are green options are everywhere you turn these days. Taking care of the environment is a part of most people’s everyday lives. From recycling our water bottles and newspapers to reducing waste whenever possible and reusing much of what once was thoughtlessly dumped in landfills. Today there are even many green pest control alternatives.
We no longer have to resort to using harsh or dangerous chemicals to keep our homes free of pests. There are effective alternatives for eradicating pests and prevent recurrent infestations. Here are a few of the choices the environmentally conscious consumer has for pest control management.
Preventing pest infestation from occurring in the first place is always the greenest method of pest control. There are a number of methods that can be used to prevent pests from gaining access to your home. If you don’t personally have the time or skill to practice these methods, consider hiring a qualified handyman to help you.
– Caulking. Making sure your windows are caulked will keep flies and spiders out as well as ants, roaches and many other insects.
– Screens. A tightly meshed window screen will let air circulate but will also keep bed bugs out. Screens can also be used in attics to keep rodents from getting inside to nest and reproduce.
– Cleanliness. Basic housekeeping jobs can be surprisingly effective pest control techniques. Vacuuming will pick up many common pests. Keeping the floors swept will eliminate food sources, too.
Despite the best preventative measure, sometimes treatment is necessary to get rid of a pest problem. However, you can stay green while treating for pests. Your exterminator should give you options and information to make the best choice for you home. Here are a few of the options that may be made available to you.
– Mechanical measures. Traps and barriers are two methods of mechanical pest control measures. You can trap an animal and relocate it and you can set up barrier to keep it from reentering the home.
– Cultural control. This means altering the environment to deter pest or convince them to relocate on their own. Moving a woodpile away from the house so termites choose a different feeding ground is one example of cultural control.
– Targeted treatments. You may have to use some type of treatment to completely eradicate a dangerous or damaging pest. However, if you hire an environmentally sensitive company then they can target the treatment to as small an area as possible. They may also be able to use detergent sprays instead of toxic chemicals.
Ask what green options your pest control company uses to help keep you and your home safe and healthy.
Today, organic products have certainly spread like wildfire. Organic vegetables, fruits and other organic stuff have risen into popularity since they are all-natural and good for the environment and health. These pest exterminator services in Carrollton TX are the better options obviously since they are after all, better than products that contain chemicals and other bad stuff. Farmers are aware that fruits, vegetables and other livestock are threatened by some certain elements that give them quite a handful of problems. Before these products get harvested, farmers have to do a little uphill battle with some of nature’s elements in the form of pests.
Pests have a reputation for ruining crops, fruits, vegetables and other sources of food. They come in all forms and types with one common goal; to breed and eat. Crops are the primary target of these hungry pests. They come in swarms or may breed right under your nose. There are quite a lot of pests that can cause serious damage to your crops and plants. The list is very disturbing and alarming for farmers all over the world. Some counter measures are taken by these farmers. Pesticides are sprayed all over the field to protect their plants from being a buffet for these pests. But, it’s easier said than done. Pesticides, organic or inorganic are quite expensive as they can give you additional workload as well.
Many people resort to science to give them a closer look at these pests to study and understand how they reproduce, eating habits and the like. This is mainly the reason why pesticides are selling like hotcakes all over the world. However, some of these pesticides have some hazardous effects, and to think that they are sprayed all over our food. How do we know what gets sprayed on the fruits and vegetables we eat? We don’t. But thankfully, people are still continuing to do their homework to give us a better and safer alternative. Organic pesticides are slowly hitting the mainstream today. Thank God for that. Organic products and means can be traced way back in olden times when there was no internet; no Google and research were somewhat limited.
Ever wondered how people in the 1800s used to handle their pest problems? Think about the times when people used to raise chickens, ducks, cows, pigs and all sorts of plants and animals as a source of food. Pests are causing all sorts of discomforts way back in the day when huge lizards ruled the world. They used their chickens to get rid of their pest problems. Well, not entirely, but it can help get rid of some. Well getting back to the present, there are a lot of organic pest control products and tricks that are equally as effective as chemical-based products in the market today. Organic pesticides are actually recommended since there are some bugs and creepy crawlers that are useful.